Creating a Journal Post
West Valley Naturalists
This is a very brief outline. Refer to this instructional video for more information. Or you can select a link below to go to a specific spot in the video for a quick refresher.
- Logging in
- Starting your journal post
- Adding your title, byline, and clickable email
- Adding a new block
- Adding a More block
- Adding an Image block
- Saving a draft
- Deleting a block
- Publishing your journal post
- Adding categories and tags
- Editing an existing journal post
- Using the Dashboard
- Deleting a journal post
- Adding links to your post
Before you start creating, please refer to the Guidelines for Authors for very important information about content and style.
- Login to westvalleynaturaists.org using the username and password that was assigned to you.
- Go to Posts > Add New.
- Type a title. Keep it short.
- Type a byline in this format:
by Your Name
- Make your email a clickable link.
- Make a new Paragraph block and type your first paragraph. Keep it fairly short.
- Insert a More block.
- Insert a Paragraph block and continue with your journal. Add gallery or image blocks as needed.
- Categorize your journal. Uncheck the Uncategorized box and check the appropriate category for your journal.
- Tag your journal. Keep tags singular rather than plural—e.g., “bird” and not “birds,” “raptor” and not “raptors.”
- Publish your journal!