In order to be an author, you must adhere to the guidelines for privacy, content, and style published here. It’s possible that these guidelines may change from time to time. In that case, you will be notified.
If you are accepted as a Journal author, you will be assigned a username, a password, and an email address in the form of
You may not use this email address for anything other than posting original journal articles on the web site or for leaving comments on Journals posted there.
- Persons under 18 should be identified only by their first name. No other identifying information—images, address, parents’ names, etc.—should be published unless you can obtain written permission from parents. It is permissible to link to pubic sources outside of the West Valley Naturalists web site which might include more identification; e.g., a published newspaper story.
- Group photos that include persons under 18 may not be published without written parental permission of every child identifiable in the photo.
- No one’s home addresses should be published on the site.
- No offensive content will be published. Authoring privileges will be immediately terminated and any existing posts removed.
- No overtly political content may be published. Notices of pubic hearings that have a bearing on West Valley residents or land may be published.
- No advocacy positions on any local, state, or federal issue may be published.
- All work posted to the web site must be the original work of the author or obtained with permission from the originator. No text, images, videos, music, or any other material that is under copyright may be published. When in doubt, leave it out.
- Links to existing content on the internet may be published without obtaining permission of the author unless that is prohibited by the author.
- You may not upload videos to the web site due to our storage limitations. Videos hosted on YouTube may be embedded in a post, as we have added code that prevents extra videos from being displayed when the video is done.
- All journal posts should display the author’s byline in this format:
by Your Name
The email address should be a clickable link and should open in a new tab.
- Authors may use boldface, italics, and other text modifications as they see fit, but you should not change the font.
- All links to content outside of the West Valley Naturalists site should open in a new tab.